Thursday, April 22, 2010

4/22 (+41) Many opportunities

In some ways, I feel like I am starting over as I have committed to forcing myself to leave my runner like I used to and quit being so quick to exit like I have been for weeks.

I did hesitate on a trade or two, and missed a fill on a nice trade, but otherwise stuck to the plan.

First attempt at a trade of the day was a no fill right from the ES open. Was a nice one, but it happens with limit orders.

Next trade I took was a valid signal into the day low, I play these pretty closely, but reward can be much greater than risk should it breakdown nicely. (+8)(B)



Next trade came, I took it because it had just made a lower low on short term by a tick and went no where, and then gave me my nice signal. Took the first off at 8 as planned, and then tried to give the runner room, got an aggressive short signal so exited, it moved up again nicely after this failed. (+20)(A) - I hesitated on the next long trade, cost me. (F)


Next trade, I entered as I should, but bailed prematurely as I had a feeling something wasn't right. Not sure what that was. :) (+3)(D)

The next trade, entered as I should, and played it pretty well, and then called it day.(+14)(B)


Reminder: take every setup, stick to the plan.

There are a million ways to "skin" a market, discipline is the key to doing it consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment