Friday, April 23, 2010

4/23 (+57) TGIF (+182 for week)

Today was a decent day overall.

I sat down late, close to 9 o'clock and noticed the nice long in play for about 10 minutes. Entry would have been 83.16.

So, I waited, and waited, and took a trade after a bounce off of .71 support, was a late entry, and so I played it close, +8. Took another trade just after this one, which was only a higher high, but didn't make sense otherwise. -7 Decided to wait.



Took a trade around 9:24, which looking back, didn't make sense. Got lucky with +5. From there, took a good short setup, +11. And, then again, took an aggressive setup, which I thought would be a continuation of the last short after pulling back to resistance, -14. Aggressive, why take this?

Good news was I was quick to get in on the nice long signal and got +18 from it. It was bouncing off of day high, so I wasn't going to give it much room to pull back, it either pushes thru nicely or I am out quickly.



Waited, took a trade which was a breakout of the recent short term high, something didn't feel right so I bailed b/e. Took a deep breath and said there was no reason to exit. Immediately placed another buy order and was very lucky to get filled at .30, exited a little early on the runner, but felt good about getting back into the trade to begin with. +28 I always use buy/sell limit orders, but usually give it a few ticks slippage to ensure I get a fill. Sometimes more or less depending on the type of setup.



Still much work to do, but far less trades and same results almost as previous weeks.

Need to make 2 contracts work 100%, and then get back to 4 on the most premium of setups quickly. 4 is key for me.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment